Apple has always set the bar high when it comes to providing its users with gadgets, be it mobile phones or tablets. Innovation always goes hand-in-hand by facilitating its users with superior quality services. When it comes to storage, there is no doubt that there is abundant space that the company offers in each of its gadgets. Be it the latest iPad Pro or the iPhone 6S, the unmatched capabilities of these devices is beyond comparison with any other mobile phone manufacturer.
The vast amount of storage space is one of the features that makes the devices of Apple very popular among everybody around the world. To make its users more flexible when it comes to storing data in their devices and taking a back up, the mobile giant has recently introduced the facility of iCloud.
What is iCloud?
A wireless system where all Apple users can sync their files and keep it safely. You do not need to transfer the pictures, videos or any important documents kept in your Apple gadget anymore, instead you can store them all in iCloud. Well, there are a number of other functions that you can perform with the help of iCloud, such as :
- Reunite with old iTunes
- Synchronise the data of your phone
- Find your iPhone
- Get a wireless backup of your phone
Hence, it is an easy way to sync all the data of your gadgets online. Something amazing that iOS app development has to offer to the Apple users. Moreover, you can also keep a back up of your iPad or iPhone. All the data will be stored in a remote server, which can be accessed from anywhere.
How to set up iCloud?
Well, it is very easy to set up iCloud on any of your Apple gadgets. Just follow the four simple steps below:
Step -1: Go to ‘Settings’ section either in your iPad or iPhone
Step -2: Select iCloud
Step –3: Type your email id and password in iCloud and select ‘Next’ button in the upper corner.
Step – 4: Turn the services which you want to activate either with your iPhone or iPad
Benefits of iCloud
In the beginning of this article, we gave you a glimpse of the various benefits, which you can avail once you have an iCloud account. Now, we will give you a macro view of its various benefits.
- Earlier, it was really difficult to keep all the iTunes music as well as TV series in your Apple gadgets, as space always posed as a problem but now with the arrival of iCloud, you can easily download music from iTunes or TV shows and at the same time can also store them.
- Whenever you choose iCloud, you get a free me.com email id. This helps to synchronize your email, calendar, and contacts very easily. It does not matter whether you have an existing email id or not. With iCloud you can keep all your data safe and secure.
- Streaming photos now becomes easier. How? Now, you do not have to transfer the photos which you have taken through your DSLR to your Mac anymore as all the photos get streamed in your iCloud and you can view them anytime you like.
- You can connect with your friends easily. Not only this, there are a number of options that are available such as sharing your location with your friend, searching for someone in an unknown destination and many more.
- For book lovers, here’s the good news. Now, you can bookmark the last read page of your book. With the help of iBook, you can track the progress of your book; something similar to that of Kindle.
Over the last few months, many phishing emails have flooded the inbox of thousands of Apple users asking them to disclose their iCloud login. It is better to be aware of such mails and not to fall under the trap of a third party who can have access to all your personal information stored in iCloud with the help of Cryptolocker, a type of software that unlocks your accounts and encrypts all the files.
Well, in order to prevent yourself from falling under any such trap it is advisable that you do not click on the links of any mail that was sent to you from Apple.
WWDC 2016 Conference And Many More …
There are lots of hopes and expectations from WWDIC, 2016 (Apple Worldwide Developer’s Conference) which is to be held from June 13-17. The conference is mainly targeted at developers and all the iPhone users. This conference is going to throw light on increasing the awareness in strengthening the iCloud security.
Apart from that, there are a number of things, which we can expect from the conference. Let us have a look at all of them.
A New Macbook Pro
We haven’t seen any new version of MacBook coming up since 2012. The Conference might announce the arrival of the latest version of Macbook. It is rumored that the new one could include some additional features such as USB-C ports and Thunderbolt 3 ports.
An All New Apple Pay
Apple Pay is expected to undergo some new modifications. One can now gather more loyalty points now and get help for withdrawing money from the ATM.
Apple TV In A New Avtar
If the rumors are to be believed, then Apple TV is working on a streaming service in order to take over Netflix. It could also open up more gaming options to developers as far as improvements are concerned. As of now, in order to play the Apple games, one needs to have a Siri remote, but a more improved version of the Apple TV could just be the simple use of control pads.
iCloud will prove to be beneficial for the coming tech-savvy generation that lives and breathes social media and technology. With so many pictures clicked in one single day and so many documents to take care of, nothing could be a better option other than iCloud for Apple users.
For an interesting update on iCloud keep coming here. We are as excited as you are about technology and always keep an eagle’s eye over any development taking place.